Sanborn fire maps in 1898, 1904, and 1911 show a single-story brick building here. The building is the same width as current, but a bit shorter.
Each map lists the occupants differently, as above. However, we don't know if these were different companies, shifting product selections, or even just the different cartographers labeling the store differently.
The 1922, 1930, and 1951 maps just label it as a "store."
1950s: Beason’s Jewelers
Interior photo dated to 1950s
Deed Book 1252, Page 802, 1985-11-06 can be found on Greenville County microfilm appears to subdivide 112 and 114 into two separate properties. Grantor: Ruth C. Paget, Grantee: Nell Black.
The 1959, 1969, 1979, and 1990 city directories do not have an entry for 114 Trade.