Marchant House (Bruce House)
The Marchant House stands at 104 Marchant Street.
The Marchant House was built in 1890 as the home of the co-founder of the Victor Mill, M.L. Marchant Sr. The house exhibits architectural elements of the Folk Victorian style. The frame house is two stories in height, clad in weatherboard, and is a side-gable massed plan with cross-gable roof. Folk Victorian architectural elements include the decorative jig-sawn detailing on the porch, chamfered supports and spindle balustrade, Gothic diamond vent in gable end of wall dormer, and symmetrical façade. There is also pilaster molding on the corners and cornice returns. The door is wood frame and glass with a transom light. The windows are six-over-six double hung sash with simple surrounds. There are two large brick chimneys on the ridge. The house has a historic rear gable, one-story addition with a brick chimney on the ridge.