114 Trade Street
Occupants and history of 114 Trade Street
1898: Cothing, boots and shoes
1904: general store
1911: dry goods
- Sanborn fire maps in 1898, 1904, and 1911 show a single-story brick building here. The building is the same width as current, but a bit shorter.
- Each map lists the occupants differently, as above. However, we don't know if these were different companies, shifting product selections, or even just the different cartographers labeling the store differently.
- The 1922, 1930, and 1951 maps just label it as a "store."
1950s: Beason’s Jewelers
- Interior photo dated to 1950s
- Deed Book 1252, Page 802, 1985-11-06 can be found on Greenville County microfilm appears to subdivide 112 and 114 into two separate properties. Grantor: Ruth C. Paget, Grantee: Nell Black.
- The 1959, 1969, 1979, and 1990 city directories do not have an entry for 114 Trade.
2010s–current: Insurance Source Insure-U
- Business owner: Guy "The Insurance Guy" Furay
- Opened prior to 2014 – current (6/2020)